Working Holidays & Backpacking
Embark on an unforgettable working holiday adventure in Perth, Western Australia. A working holiday offers all you need for your working holiday or backpacking adventure in Western Australia. The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) is open to young adults who want to work while on extended holiday in Australia. Eligibility criteria:
- Age Requirement: Must be between 18 to 30 years old (inclusive), with exceptions for Canadian, French, and Irish citizens up to 35.
- Passport Eligibility: Holders of passports from eligible countries or jurisdictions.
- Accompaniment: Must not be accompanied by dependent children.
Whether you're applying for your First, Second, or Third Working Holiday Visa, we've got you covered with detailed insights and further resources:
- First Working Holiday Visa - Kickstart your Australian adventure with the opportunity to work and explore.
- Second Working Holiday Visa - Extend your stay and experience even more of Australia's wonders.
- Third Working Holiday Visa - For those seeking another round of unforgettable experiences.
For additional support during your working holiday in Perth, the Department of Immigration offers guidance on extending your stay through specified work. Jobs Western Australia provides insights into living and working in the region, with up-to-date job listings. Consider unique experiences like volunteering with Willing Workers On Organic Farms (WWOOF) for tasks from animal care to permaculture, though note this doesn't count towards visa extensions.
Explore Perth and its surroundings on a budget with a wealth of free and affordable activities. Jump aboard the complimentary CAT buses to explore the city, attend free community events or festivals, enjoy live music at local pubs, immerse yourself in art with complimentary exhibits at the Art Gallery of WA, and discover the Perth's highlights through free walking tours led by knowledgeable local volunteers or by following self-guided trails. Enjoy an enriching exploration without breaking the bank!
- Budget accommodation: See a list of affordable backpacker and hostel accommodation available in Perth and surrounds.
- Outdoor & adventure activities: Take a look at some of the fun outdoor adventure activities in Perth and surrounds.
- Don't have a car?... join a tour: Tours around Perth take you to some of the most exciting holiday spots in the region.
- Jobs Western Australia: a fantastic resource for all backpackers to WA including information for working holidays, accommodation and things to do.
Budget Accommodation in Perth
Free Events in Perth
Plan Your Trip to Perth
Start planning your visit by finding out what to do in Perth during the day and night. See all accommodation, tours, attractions, activities, food and drink and retail in Perth.