Discover Chittering - Rich in Food, Farms, Wine and Beautiful Landscapes.
Nestled in the northern hills of the Swan Valley region, Chittering offers experiences at the farm gate, untouched bushland and wetlands, vineyards, orchards, spectacular wildflowers and stunning scenery. Chittering is home to the quaint townships of Bindoon, Muchea and Wannamal and is the perfect day-trip or short break destination with a number of accommodation options including farmstays, B&Bs and guesthouses.
Take a drive along the Chittering Farm Flavour Trail or the Eat, Pick, Grow Trail, that meander through the region with orchards, wineries, markets and roadside stalls selling seasonal fresh produce along your way. The area is also well known for its vast citrus orchards. For several months of the year the aroma of orange blossom is the backdrop of the town of Bindoon and mandarins, oranges and lemons are sold from roadside stalls. At other times of the year avocados, mangoes and pumpkins are available, freshly picked by the farmer.
Things To Do in Chittering
- Discover a winery or two and then explore beyond to unearth a bounty of fresh produce from the region along the Chittering Farm Flavour Trail.
- Taste and take home locally grown food, pick your own fruit and learn about growing your fruit and veg at home along the Eat, Pick, Grow Trail.
- Enjoy a Mystery Picnic, Farmgate Experience or a Mystery Weekend with AmazingCo Experiences.
- Enjoy a picnic at one of the many lovely parks.
- See the wildflowers in spring.
- Visit the Brockman Arts & Craft Centre.
- Enjoy great food at the popular Bindoon Bakehaus or Stringybark Winery & Restaurant.
- Enjoy one of many walk and drive trails in the region.
- Purchase fresh fruit and vegetables from roadside stalls.
- Taste local produce at the annual A Taste of Chittering festival.
View the Chittering Visitors Guide for more things to do, events, itineraries and places to stay in Chittering.
Chittering Farm Flavour Trail
Escape to the countryside for a weekend exploring the food, the farms and the beautiful natural surroundings on the Chittering Farm Flavour Trail. Travel along Great Northern Highway and onto Chittering Road to enjoy the beautiful Tourist Drive through the stunning Chittering Valley, discover a winery or two and then explore beyond to unearth a bounty of fresh produce from the region. The valleys are green, with farms full of fresh produce. Even take a stroll through the local walk trails or stop at a range of roadside stalls with fresh produce (ask the Chittering Visitor Centre for some tips on where to find these).
Although you will have a great time in Chittering all year-round, springtime (July to November) is hands down the best time of year to take on the Farm Flavour Trail. Not here in spring? Never fear. Take the suggested ‘Off-Season Explorer’ Itinerary or contact the Chittering Visitor Centre for suggestions.
- The Spring Fling Weekend (2-day trail Aug-Nov) - Whisk yourself away for a weekend in the Chittering Valley and explore the Farm Flavour Trail over two days during the spring time.
- Just a Taste (for weekend day trippers Aug-Nov) - Enjoy a day trip of the Chittering Valley tasting and visiting local produce businesses and farm gates during the springtime.
- Off-Season Explorer (Dec-July) - No matter the time of year you will have an enjoyable experience exploring the trail, so take a look and experience the trail during summer, winter or autumn.
- Midweek Mission (year-round) - Explore the Chittering region on a weekday.
Plan Your Trip to Perth
Start planning your visit by finding out what to do in Perth during the day and night. See all accommodation, tours, attractions, activities, food and drink and retail in Perth.