Discover Chittering - rich in food, farms, wine and beautiful landscapes.
Nestled in the northern hills of the Darling Range just one hour from Perth City, Chittering is home to the quaint townships of Bindoon, Muchea and Wannamal and is the perfect day-trip or short break destination with a number of accommodation options include farm stays, B&Bs and guest houses.
Chittering offers experiences at the farm gate, untouched bushland and wetlands, vineyards, orchards, spectacular wildflowers and stunning scenery. Take a drive along one of the food and drive trails that meander through the region with orchards, wineries, markets and roadside stalls selling seasonal fresh produce along your way. The area is also well known for its vast citrus orchards.
For several months of the year the aroma of orange blossom is the backdrop of the town of Bindoon and mandarins, oranges and lemons are sold from roadside stalls. At other times of the year avocados, mangoes and pumpkins are available, freshly picked by the farmer.
Things to do in Chittering
- Discover a winery or two and then explore beyond to unearth a bounty of fresh produce from the region along the Chittering Farm Flavour Trail.
- Taste and take home locally grown food, pick your own fruit and learn about growing your fruit and veg at home along the Eat, Pick, Grow Trail.
- Enjoy a picnic at one of the many lovely parks.
- See the wildflowers in spring.
- Visit the Brockman Arts & Craft Centre.
- Enjoy great food at the popular Bindoon Bakehaus or Stringybark Winery & Restaurant.
- Enjoy one of many walk and drive trails in the region.
- Purchase fresh fruit and vegetables from roadside stalls.
- Taste local produce at the annual A Taste of Chittering festival.
View the Chittering Visitors Guide for more things to do, events, itineraries and places to stay in Chittering.
Renowned for hosting several successful events, Chittering know how to put on a great show with a suite of events including the following;
The Chittering Spring Festival is a month long celebration of the things that make Chittering such a unique slice of country life so close to Perth, featuring a wildflower expo, high tea, farmers markets, historic car day, workshops and so much more.
A Taste of Chittering festival in spring is the annual culmination of all of the region's delicious local produce and beverage producers. Held on the fourth Sunday in August each year, the festivities showcase all things Chittering featuring food and beer/wine tastings, markets, live music and a chance to hear the stories of the locals.
Wear Ya Wellies in May celebrates kids being able to get their hands dirty – very dirty! With mud pits, mud runs and petting zoos it’s a great opportunity for kids to get active in the outdoors and a little messy at the same time... so remember to bring a change of clothes, wack on your best welly boots, and dress comfy!
Plan Your Trip to Perth
Start planning your visit by finding out what to do in Perth during the day and night. See all accommodation, tours, attractions, activities, food and drink and retail in Perth.
Winter in Perth
Winter in Perth means clear skies, cooler days and plenty of things to see and do.