Explore Perth's Glorious Sunset Coast.
Fall in love the glorious coastline of metropolitan Perth, from Scarborough to Two Rocks, incorporating Hillarys Boat Harbour and Yanchep National Park.
Spectacular sunsets over the Indian Ocean give this region its evocative name. Stretching over 50 kilometres of pristine coastline, the region encompasses the Cities of Stirling, featuring popular Scarborough Beach; Joondalup, where you'll find the family-friendly Hillarys Boat Harbour; and Wanneroo, home of Yanchep National Park.
Just a short drive from Perth City, the Sunset Coast's buzzing outdoor culture includes beach front esplanades and marinas with alfresco cafes and restaurants, extensive walking and cycling trails with stunning ocean views and plenty of adventure sports on offer. Further inland the Sunset Coast presents fascinating opportunities to experience Australian wildlife, nature and Aboriginal culture within an hour's drive from the CBD.
Top Things To Do on the Sunset Coast
- Take a dip or catch a wave at one of the 19 sensational beaches.
- Relax at a picturesque beachside café or restaurant along the coast.
- Soak in the awesome beauty as the sun sets over the Indian Ocean.
- Dive or snorkel in the sparkling waters amongst a variety of fish and marine life.
- Visit Hillarys Boat Harbour and The Marina, Mindarie for shopping, cafés and restaurants.
- Discover WA's unique marine life at AQWA.
- Visit Yanchep National Park for koalas, caves & indigenous culture.
- Stay a night or two at an oceanside hotel or resort.