Lancelin is the northern most point of the Perth Beaches region.
Travel an hour and a half north of Perth City and you'll find the small beach side town of Lancelin along the Indian Ocean Drive.
Lancelin is easily accessible for everyone whether you're planning a day trip or wanting an extended holiday. Here, you can tackle the mighty sand dunes on a sand-board or try a number of adventurous watersports including canoeing, windsurfing, fishing and kitesurfing thanks to the constant swell.
Lancelin has a range of cafes and pubs, supermarkets and accommodation to choose from. Just south of Lancelin in Two Rocks, is also worth a visit for fishing and swimming.
Things to do in Lancelin
- Try some sandboarding fun on the mega sand dunes
- Tackle the sand dunes with your 4WD skills, off-road motor bike, dune buggy or quad bike
- Windsurf, dive, snorkel, swim or surf in the crystal clear waters
- Head to the Back Beach, south of town, popular for its huge swells this iconic beach is enjoyed by surfers of all levels
- Located by a beautiful bay and protected by a large reef making ideal conditions for diving, jet skiing, fishing and cray fishing
- Take a deep water fishing tour off Lancelin, half or full day charters allowing you to catch some large fish
- From the shore you can view Edward Island and Lancelin Island, which is accessible by boat
Explore the Perth Beaches Further
Plan Your Trip to Perth
Start planning your visit by finding out what to do in Perth during the day and night. See all accommodation, tours, attractions, activities, food and drink and retail in Perth.
Winter in Perth
Winter in Perth means clear skies, cooler days and plenty of things to see and do.