Rockingham in Western Australia is where the coast comes to life.
Located just 45 minutes south of Perth, this seaside city is the perfect destination to get up close with local marine life – sea lions, dolphins and their unofficial mascots, the little penguins.
Visit the recently revitalised Rockingham foreshore where you can walk straight up from Perth’s only north-facing, protected swimming beach to a vibrant mix of cafes, restaurants and shopping. Known as the place to have takeaway fish and chips on the beach at sunset, you’ll find the aroma of roasting coffee and sizzling seafood is paired memorably with ocean views.
The 37km of spectacular coastline offers an abundance of aquatic activities: swim, kayak, fish, cruise, surf, jet ski, snorkel, paddle board, kite surf or scuba dive in pristine waters. Or for a different vantage point, you can skydive over the ocean landing on the pristine, white sand on Rockingham beach.
If you’re after a golfing challenge, you can tee off at three different world class golf courses within the Rockingham region. There’s also plenty of spots for bush and coastal walks in this ecologically important destination. A nature lover’s paradise, Rockingham is home to some of the planet's earliest life forms, the thrombolites, which can be found at Lake Richmond.
Rockingham is also just a 10 minute drive to rural hinterland in Baldivis and Karnup with a boutique distillery and wineries located within tuart forest and farming land.
Top 10 Rockingham Bucket List Holiday Ideas:
1. Kayak with the seals around Seal Island.
2. Scuba dive the wrecks throughout the West Coast Dive Park.
3. Swim and interact with the wild dolphins.
4. Visit the little penguins at Penguin Island.
5. Skydive over the coast onto Rockingham Beach.
6. Play a round of golf at one of our three premier courses along the Golf Coast.
7. Learn to surf at Secret Harbour surf beach – one of the safest in WA.
8. Kitesurf or windsurf at “The Pond” in Safety Bay.
9. Explore the stunning coastline walks at Point Peron.
10. Learn the Aboriginal seasons while venturing down the Nyoongar Trail in Baldivis.
Over one million visitors a year can't be wrong, so come and "Rediscover Rockingham".
Rockingham Beach Road
Rockingham WA 6168